Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 30, 2009

    It's Raining In Love; Richard Brautigan

    I don’t know what it is,
    But I distrust myself
    When I start to like a girl
    A lot.

    It makes me nervous.
    I don’t say the right things
    Or perhaps I start
    To examine,
    Evaluate,
    Compute
    What I am saying.

    If I say, “Do you think it’s going to rain? ”
    and she says, “I don’t know, ”
    I start thinking: Does she really like me?

    In other words
    I get a little creepy.

    A friend of mine once said,
    “It’s twenty times better to be friends
    with someone
    than it is to be in love with them.”

    I think he’s right and besides,
    it's raining somewhere, programming flowers
    and keeping snails happy. That’s all taken care of.

    BUT
    if a girl likes me a lot
    and starts getting real nervous
    and suddenly begins asking me funny questions
    and looks sad if I give the wrong answers
    and she says things like,
    “Do you think it’s going to rain? ”
    and I say, “It beats me, ”
    and she says, “Oh, ”
    and looks a little sad at the clear blue California sky,
    I think: Thank God, it’s you, baby, this time
    Instead of me.

    No comments: